Productive infrastructure, industrialization and a sustained pace of innovation are three of the main prerequisites for economic growth. These elements should be delivered in a manner conducive to higher human well-being and better protection of the environment.
UNCTAD contributes to the sustained transformation of the economic structure in developing economies with a focus on regional and transborder infrastructure, inclusive and sustainable industrialization, integration into value chains and markets, and adoption of clean technologies. UNCTAD technical cooperation with, and focuses on upgrading technological capabilities of industrial sectors, improvement of statistical and data infrastructure, mobilizing infrastructure investment through finance, and technological and technical support.
To ensure that structural transformation is lasting and sustainable, UNCTAD supports technological development, research and innovation for industrial diversification and value addition, as well as improved access to information and communication technologies. UNCTAD also closely monitors the creative economy as an engine of trade and development.
- Indicator 9.1.2: Passenger and freight volumes, by mode of transport
- Indicator 9.2.1: as a proportion of and per capita
- Indicator 9.4.1: per unit of value added
- Indicator 9.a.1: Total to infrastructure
- Indicator 9.b.1: Proportion of value added in total value added
- Indicator 9.c.1: Proportion of population covered by a mobile network, by technology
Click on a star to rate this page!
Average rating / 5. Vote count
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!